College: Morehouse College
Occupation: Global Marketing Specialist, NBA
1. Describe your job in three words: market, NBA, globally.
2. You work for the NBA. In five sentences tell me what that lockout was about. If it takes any longer than that I’m either bored or confused.
To continue the successful long term viability of the NBA, the owners wanted a business model that allowed for every team to have a chance to be competitive and pursue championships. The players agreed but wanted to ensure that in solidifying this business model, the players were adequately compensated for their role in the making the NBA as successful as it currently is and will grow to be in the future.
3. People don’t give this player enough credit:
Allen Iverson. The guy is 6 ft., 165 lbs., yet is arguably the toughest player in NBA history. Despite his diminutive physical stature and battling every conceivable injury, he had a Hall of Fame career and was unstoppable during his prime.
4. You felt accomplished when you:
When I ran with the bulls in Pamplona, Spain this past summer. It was a lifelong dream, so to actually do (and survive) it felt pretty special.
5. Scale of 1-10 how motivated are you? How do you sustain it?
10; I only have one life and no one cares about it more than I do.
6. A Morehouse Man is…
a man who believes his purpose extends beyond serving his personal self-interests. There is a greater responsibility to improve the lives of others, and he acts accordingly.
7. What’s on your mind?
Making it to the weekend.
8. Your parents always told you to:
Acknowledge the incredible roles of God and other people in your life; nothing that you have accomplished or will accomplish was the result of only your individual efforts.
9. In one year you will be…
10. In ten years you will be…
a sports marketing executive, married and a father.