Hometown: Knoxville, TN
College: University of Tennessee
Occupation: Senior Analyst at Home Depot
1. Describe your job in three words: challenging, cube, life
2. Okay, your most challenging day at work was: I was on the job for three weeks…fresh out of college… and I had to order all of Home Depot’s spring imports for pottery, planters, and fountains. My first order had to be cut and I was forking over 24 million dollars. I was having such severe anxiety thinking about money in terms of a 20 year old. Everyone kept telling me it was fine, but I was playing with so much money and I was so scared!
3. Any meaningful experiences at work? Last April I was the analyst scheduled to cover emergency orders for a week and the day before I took on this responsibility all of the tornadoes broke loose across the southeast. Then there was severe flooding in the Midwest. I was absolutely slammed working from 7 am to 10 pm for ten days and I was drained. On my last day of emergency coverage someone came in who had been working with Home Depot and it was so gratifying to know that my work was helping people get the supplies that they needed. It really put things in to perspective.
4. Have you ever had to actually work in the store? For orientation every Home Depot corporate associate has to work in their local Home Depot for a full shift. I got there and at that point I knew absolutely nothing. I’m not big into home repairs and people would come up to me talking about installation and I would smile politely and say “Let’s find someone who does!”
5. What was it like going to a big southern college? It was a blast. I was in my hometown and there was such a sense of camaraderie going to an SEC school.
6. Most exciting thing you’ve ever done? Skydiving in Australia.
7. This job would be hard for you: I could never be a nurse. My mom and my sister are both nurses, but I just couldn’t follow suit. I am terrified of blood!
8. How would your friends describe you? They would say I’m honest, laid back, and out-going.
9. Have you been anywhere fun recently? I actually just got back from Key West and earlier in the fall I took a road trip from L.A. to Napa and everywhere in between.
10. In ten years you will be… Well traveled.