Hometown: Saratoga Springs,NY
College: Syracuse University
Occupation: BAE Systems – Operations Leadership Development Program (OLDP)
1. Describe your job in three words. Dynamic, far-reaching, evolving.
2. What’s the coolest thing about your job? I really like the freedom, responsibility, and leadership opportunities I get with my position. I’m in a three-year leadership program where I get to try a new position with increasing responsibility each year. Currently I’m a supply chain project planner for a manufacturing transition initiative. I coordinate the activities necessary to move the production of different product lines from one facility to another – with vast geographical separations being a major challenge.
3. How often do you travel for work? It comes and goes in spurts, but it’s still usually at least once a month. Most of the time I travel from Austin up to the East Coast.
4. You’re in Austin, TX. What is Austin like? Austin is crazy! It’s like nowhere else I’ve ever been. It’s also a really fun place to do outdoor activities like wakeboarding, boating, golfing, and hanging out by the lake. The food is also awesome –Austin has these really good food trailers all over the place. I don’t even eat out at restaurants, the trailers are better.
5. Your favorite food? Since moving to Austin I’ve become addicted to Mexican food without even realizing it. The other day I had breakfast tacos, chipotle for lunch, and tacos for dinner. Didn’t even think twice about it…
6. In a previous life you were a… star shortstop for the Yankees. I won 5 World Series titles and donated all the money I made to charities.
7. What did you love so much about Syracuse? You did love it right? Did you even have to ask if I loved it!? Of course I did. Syracuse is amazing. I’d go back to freshman year in a heartbeat. It’s a great school academically and it gave me lots of opportunities I may not have gotten anywhere else. It has a beautiful campus, fun people, a vibrant nightlife, the Carrier Dome, and one of the greatest college basketball programs ever!
8. The last movie you saw…Jackie Brown.
9. Are you afraid of anything? Hmm. Two things come to mind. It may sound kind of crazy for someone who travels a lot but in the back of my mind I’m always a bit nervous about plane crashes, even though I love flying and want to get my pilot’s license. The other thing is I’m kind of freaked out about sharks…definitely watched Jaws and shark week too much.
10. In ten years you will be…In the wise words of Drake, I just wanna be successful.