Instead of doing one quote today I’m going to give you ten. I’m going to tell you what people have told me about my move to NYC. I have received so much advice-most of it unsolicited, all of it appreciated. The speakers range from my guy friends, girl friends, students, family, you name it! Enjoy and have a wonderful Wednesday.
- Don’t look at anyone on the subway. Well, don’t look at them, but look at them. Let them know you see them. Ya feel me?
- Robin try your hardest to be mean. Think of the meanest person you know. Okay you have them in mind? Act like that person while you’re out.
- Miss Beck, you’re going back to school? Like me? I just don’t know about that..
- Look Robin, you’re going up there to get an education. I’ve heard about everything, but your classes. The only thing you HAVE to do is go to school.
- It’s so true what they say! If you can make it here [NYC] you can make it anywhere.
- Robin you already have friends up there, an apartment, and a roommate. I’m done with this conversation.
- Be open to everything. You may start off wanting to do corporate work and you could end up working for a fashion magazine. I’m actually hoping you do that.
- Just enjoy it, child. Enjoy it and come here for Christmas. And don’t ride the train. Must you get on that train?
- Stop telling people you’re broke. Say you have a cash flow dilemma.
- It’s always fun being the new girl in town. It’s so much fun that I want to move again.
*In other unrelated news, I have been 24 for a week now and I’m still loving it!