Hometown: Woodbine, GA
College: Valdosta State
Occupation: Marketing/Creative Design Director
1. Describe motherhood in three words: Fulfilling, Challenging, Profound
2. Maris did_______ and I couldn’t stop laughing. Maris puts her hands behind her head when she is tired or just relaxing. I think it is the funniest thing & the first time she did it, I couldn’t stop laughing.
Another thing that cracks me up are her expressions. The girl is undoubtedly a ham & loves attention. She loves to give people looks and her eyebrow look is the most famous one! You know, sort of like a “Whatcha talkin’ bout Willis” look!
3. The first time you cried after having Maris? Maris was an AMAZING newborn that adjusted surprisingly fast to our crazy house with two wild dogs and two loud parents! So I never had any major mommy breakdowns. I would say my first time crying was when I realized it was going to take a whole lot longer to fit back into my pre-pregnancy clothes than I had originally thought because that “eating for two” thing was a big fat fib. My thighs & rear end ate everything that Maris didn’t eat.
4. The greatest thing about being a mom: Where to even start? I absolutely love everything about being a mom. I love that my husband and I created this beautiful child. She is ours. I love that I will love her unconditionally and she will do the same in return. I love seeing her grow and learn new things every single day. I love being needed. I love the smiles and laughter I get when I do something funny. I love that I will be a direct influence on how her future plays out, which makes me want to be a better person and set the best examples for her. I love cuddling with her. I could go on and on and on. I literally love everything.
5. In ten years you will be…In ten years I will probably have more than just one child. I am not sure where I will be living since my husband’s job could take us anywhere, at any time. But I know wherever I will be, I will be enjoying life to the fullest.