Hometown: Flint, Michigan
College: University of Michigan, Ross School of Business
Age: 25…almost 26
Occupation: Account Manager @ Twitter, but I like to say I’m a Digital Strategist for Twitter’s Revenue team #imfancylikethat
1. Describe your job in three words: challenging, fun, rewarding
2. What makes working for Twitter rewarding? I was having trouble phrasing that one. Teachers say it a lot, but I don’t often hear it from folks in social media/tech. Everything. It’s a challenging job yet I have the resources to learn more and overcome those challenges. The team I work with is amazing. Beyond just personal development everyone genuinely cares about your professional development
3. Some call Twitter dangerous. Others think it’s hilarious. Then there’s those who say it’s stupid. What adjective pops into your mind? What do you see as Twitter’s best attribute? Amazing. I know it’s kind of simple, but I think that Twitter has the power to change the world. I think it already has. Twitter has taken the power of conversation and transformed it. It’s truly a social media network in every sense
4. Do you think anything goes on social media? Nick, people are posting their ultrasounds! I just need to know your opinion on how much freedom we should really have to post. Maybe that’s a bad example, but work with me on this. I believe people have the right to post whatever they want. The good thing about social media is that you don’t have to view everything people post. I can easily unfollow/unfriend people who post things I disagree with. Do I think people should stop posting their ultrasounds and such? Yes!
5. You grew up in Flint, Michigan, a place that Business Insider continuously ranks as America’s most dangerous city. Yet you graduated from Ross School of Business and now work for one of the most popular global companies. You’re not an anomaly, but you’re not the norm either. How did you do it? With the help of friends and family. I’ve always had someone looking out for me. I guess I’m kind of blessed in that way. Now I just have to make sure to pay it forward. Also a little bit of luck and good timing
6. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Actor. My mom says I’ve wanted to be an actor since I came out of her womb. Too much? What does that even mean?
She knows that it’s been in my heart for a very long time. Is is still there? Yes. I’m actually in an acting class now to sharpen my skills. You have the name for it. Your name came right out of a play.
If I had a dollar for every time I’ve heard that. Funny thing is my name came from two of my mom’s favorite actors. Any other side projects?
I’m working on a side project called the Ambassadors Circle and people should be on the look out. What is that?
You have to be on the lookout!
7. When was the last time you were nervous? Today. Mind telling me why? Lets just say I’m a shy guy at times…around the ladies
8. Any summer plans? Vegas in a week, Miami in a month, Memphis in a month and a half, Nicaragua in two and a half months. That kind of goes in to the fall, but I’m excited. Why are you going to Nicaragua? For my birthday!! #Nickaragua. Wait! let me correct that. It’s for the anniversary of the day I was born. That’s the best hashtag I’ve seen in a while. Thank you. It took me forever to come up with it. Did it really? No, that was sarcasm
9. While we’re on age, if you were 80 years old what would you tell your children? Live life for the moment until the moment you can’t live life. I thought of that all by myself (laughs). Oh and follow your passion!
10. In ten years you will be…in love. With a person, place or thing? With life. You thought I was going to get all mushy huh? You said you get shy so I wasn’t sure if you’d name names. Not this time. I have no idea what the future holds, but I know I’ll be in love with it. That’s all that matters