1. Nothing you confess can make me love you less, I’ll stand by you-Carrie Underwood
I mean how supportive is that? Nothing I confess could make you love me less? Nothing at all? Not if I lied or say spent all your money? Or cheated on you? Really? That’s loyalty right there.
2. If I ain’t got nothin’, I got you. If I ain’t got something, I don’t give a damn cuz I got it with you. Beyoncé
Always good to know someone wants you even when they have nothing. All they want is you, you, you. You’re all they need. Even if you couldn’t pay Comcast, it would be okay because according to her love can pay the bills. Wow. This really appeals to the vanity of twenty somethings. Beyoncé stop making such good music you perfect goddess you.
3. Whenever I’m alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again -311
When they’re with you they’re reminded of home? As in their parents and dogs and all that other GOOD stuff? Take it and run with it. Unless they constantly talk about how much their hometown sucks in which case this song would be the biggest insult ever. Like if someone said I reminded them of Greenleaf, Idaho my feelings would be hurt.
4. Darling don’t be afraid I have loved you for a thousand years and I’ll love you for a thousand more -Christina Perri
This song was in Twilight. It sounds a bit emo, but then again it was in a movie full of Vampires and wildebeests or something. If you tell someone you’ll love them for more years than you’re even alive then they have to love you back. They just have to. How can they not? A THOUSAND YEARS IS A REALLY LONG TIME TO LOVE SOMEONE. I mean ten years is a long time too. Or ten days. Whatever.
5. And I wish you joy and happiness. But above all this I wish you love. And I…will always love you-Whitney Houston
Leave it to Whitney. How selfless,how passionate, how lovely! The only line I disagree with is “we both know I’m not what you need.” That’s just not something a 20something can relate to. That’s just a little too mature and selfless. We would prefer to either waste your time all the while knowing you weren’t “the one” or we’d never admit that you didn’t need us. Maybe YOU’RE not what WE need. Ever think of that!? Huh? Huh? We love you Whitney.
4 things to know when reading this:
1.Don’t get mad if more than one person sings the song and I didn’t attribute your favorite version.
2. Don’t get mad if I didn’t put up your favorite love song. You didn’t tweet me back fast enough.
3. Don’t get mad if you are the most selfless person in the world. I still think 20’s are the best , we’re just an easy target.
4. Don’t get mad because Luther isn’t on here. It wouldn’t be fair.